- Before you begin a renovation or demolition on a home built before 1990, you must hire a qualified asbestos testing company or asbestos surveyor.
- If asbestos is discovered, WorkSafeBC requires that a survey for hazardous materials be completed before work begins.
- Any hazardous materials must be identified, removed and recycled or disposed before a building is demolished.
- In Metro Vancouver, before a municipality issues a demolition or renovation permit, the property owner must submit a Hazardous Materials Report Form as per WorkSafeBC regulation 20.112.
- It's in everyone's best interest to comply with WorkSafeBC.
Check for Asbestos in Homes with age prior to 1990
Blog by Diane Cardoso | January 30th, 2017
Can't wait to buy your Dream Home? If you dream home has an age prior to 1990, it may contain Asbestos and you may want to consider an Asbestos test before purchasing. Better to be safe than sorry: