Winter Weather Well-being
Slips and falls are common in the winter months no matter how steadily we walk. It's hard to go an entire winter without at least one "whoops!" A slip-and-slide on an icy or snowy patch can cause you harm, so here a few seasonal safety tips to help you have a safe and happy winter holiday. Be careful out there!
- Keep walkways and stairs cleared of snow and ice. Use sand or salt where possible.
- Fortify your footing, and put ‘snow tires’ on your feet.
- Lighten your load. Carry fewer bags, so your balance is level.
- Wear gloves to protect your hands and wrists in case you slip.
- Slow down! Better to get to your destination late than never, after all.